Friday, December 21, 2012

Delicate

ebook young adult high school abuse ebook review


Sydney Pierce has just met the guy of her dreams…just don’t tell her psycho boyfriend, Trevor.

With a gorgeous boyfriend, a thriving gymnastics career and a stellar academic record, anyone would assume that Sydney has it all. That's precisely what the seventeen-year-old perfectionist wants you to believe, and she works hard to keep up the pretense. Especially now that there are cameras following her for a documentary on Olympic hopefuls. 

When Grant, the charming new student, disrupts her carefully crafted routine, the cracks beneath her perfect façade begin to rise to the surface and despite Trevor's objections to their friendship, she can't stay away from him.

As her connection to Grant pulls her closer to him, the once lighthearted relationship with Trevor takes an intense and dark turn, forcing her into a position in which not only her happiness, but her safety is at stake. Can Sydney learn to let go of everything she is clinging to in order to gain everything she has ever wanted, or will she realize her breaking point too late?



**************


This is a straight up Young Adult book No hot sex scenes -
 Which is totally cool sometimes I just need some
 straight up heart thumping Love!
At first I was not digging Sydney I couldn't figure out why she was getting jealous over Grant when she only hung out with him for a few days and she had a totally hot boyfriend- now that doesn't mean I didn't feel her jealously and I'm pretty sure I would have felt the same way- didn't make it right. Slowly psycho Trevor came out and her excuses began- which made me want to slap her. Grant now he is truly a Dream in every way possible!
Heart warming love story. 
I love that the author Steph Campbell gives a website for abuse and hotline for young girls (or young men I'm sure) can get help if they are in a similar situation.

Quote:

"If you're asking what I think you are, I don't think relationships should be like our wrestling matches. Relationships are supposed to make you happy, and bring something good to your life. When that stops, for me at least, then it's time to think about moving on. It's just my opinion, of course, but I think you should get out while you still have some peace of mind. Why stick around until you're yelling mercy, you know?"


No comments: