Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hot New Book Coming Soon "Relentless"

Released Early!! Go Grab it!
Hot New Book by Author Cassia Leo coming March 1st!
There are some Teaser's to get you all rallied up over this book.
Add to your goodreads.



To Claire, Adam Parker is just another flirty customer at the cafe, until a chance encounter and seemingly innocent comment spurs a bet between them. The bet is simple: If Adam can get Claire to reveal the secret that made her drop out of college, she has to re-enroll. If he doesn’t succeed, she gets to keep her secret and he must never step foot in the cafe again.

Claire thinks she has this one in the bag. She’s perfected the art of forgetting her past. But she isn’t prepared for Adam’s relentless pursuit or for him to share his own secrets. And she’s definitely not prepared for her secret to come banging down her door one year later.
 

Teasers!

Teaser #1
Chapter Eleven: Relentless Guilt
I open my eyes and stare at the oscillating fan next to the bed. Even with the fan pointed straight at me, I’m still sweating and I quickly understand why. Adam’s chest is pressed against my back and I’m wearing nothing but a bra and panties. I have a vague memory of tearing off my tank top and shorts, but I can’t remember much else.
His arm is wrapped around my waist and his breath is hot against the back of my head. Our bodies are sticky everywhere we’re touching. It’s unbearably hot and humid in here. On the bright side, he’s not suffering from morning wood syndrome.
I need to get out of here. I have a bad feeling we had forgettable sex and I don’t want to admit that I can’t remember it. I slowly attempt to scoot forward to peel my back off his chest and he grunts as he tightens his arm around my waist.
“Go back to sleep,” he groans, and now that I know he’s awake I let out the breath I’ve been holding.
“What time is it? I work at three.”
“It’s still morning. Go back to sleep.”
“I can’t. It’s too hot in here.”
“Then take these off,” he says, as he hooks his thumb into the waistband of my panties. “I’d be happy to help you with that.”
I roll over to face him. “Hey, Smokey the Bear.” He looks so sexy when he’s groggy. “You think you’re so hot, but I don’t even remember what happened last night so it can’t be that good.”
He laughs in my face and I can still smell a little bit of smoke on his breath. “That’s because nothing happened last night.”
“Nothing happened?”
“You walked into my room, stripped down to your underwear, made some comment about this being the most comfortable bed in the universe, and knocked out.”
“Oh…. Somehow, I find that a little disappointing.”
“You’re disappointed that we didn’t have forgettable sex? Or you’re disappointed we didn’t have sex?”
The truth is, I’m a little disappointed we haven’t gotten the whole first time thing out of the way. It’s too much pressure. I haven’t been with anyone other than Chris and, like Senia said last night, he spoiled me. He waited over two years before we had sex on my eighteenth birthday. I’ve only known Adam two weeks, but this need to get the sex over with tells me that we should probably wait.
“I guess I’m disappointed we didn’t have sex,” I reply, because I know that’s what he wants to hear.
“You guess you’re disappointed?” He brushes a lock of hair out of my face and lifts my chin so he can look me in the eye. “You’re not a virgin, are you?”
“What? No!” I don’t know why I’m so adamant with my response. “I am not a virgin.” Though, part of me wishes I were.
He smiles as he slips his arm around my waist and pulls me closer. I swallow hard as his erection jabs my thigh through his boxers.
Oh, God.
He leans in to kiss me and, as soon as his lips touch mine, my body relaxes into him. I slide my arms around his neck as he rolls me onto my back. He pushes my legs open with his knee as his hand glides up my side. His tongue flirts with mine and my nipples perk up beneath the fabric of my bra. He grinds against me as his hand cups my breast and I know this is it. We’re going to have sex.

Teaser #2


I hang up the phone feeling lost. I grew up in a tiny rundown trailer on a lot surrounded by acres of forest. Our nearest neighbor must have been at least a quarter-mile away because it felt like it took a million years to get there on foot every time we visited “Grandma” Patty. Nothing about the way we lived gave me any indication that my mother had money, but what Henry just said to me didn’t imply that. He said the deposits had been coming in for almost seventeen years. My mother has been dead for more than thirteen years. Someone else was making those deposits.

Once I tell Adam the stipulations, he quickly offers to go with me to Raleigh for my birthday. “That’s actually perfect because the birthday present I want to give you is in Raleigh.”

I don’t bother asking what he’s getting me because I know he’ll only refuse to tell me, but I’m more than a little apprehensive about turning twenty-one now.

I twist around on the barstool so I’m facing him and I can see the insecurity in his eyes—the look that’s been there since we left his uncle’s house yesterday. He’s wondering if I’m judging him because of what happened to his friend Myles four years ago.

“I’m sorry about what happened to your friend. And I’m sorry you’ve had to live with that for four years. But most of all, I’m sorry that I can’t share my secret with you the way you’ve shared yours with me.” He shakes his head and opens his mouth to say something, but I press a shaky finger to his lips. “But I want you to know that I do love you. And it scares the hell out of me to feel this way about someone I’ve known all of three weeks.”

He grabs my hand and moves my finger away from his lips. “It doesn’t have to make sense; it only has to make you happy. Are you happy?”

I grab the front of his T-shirt and pull him closer so my knees are hugging his hips. “I’m happier than a pig in mud.”

He smiles as he grabs the sides of my waist. “You’ve been spending too much time with Cora?”

I gaze into his eyes willing him to hear my thoughts. He stares back at me, a bit confused at first by my intense gaze, but then he sees it. He crushes his lips against mine and opens his mouth slowly. The pressure and heat of his lips sends a wave of chills coursing through me and I wrap my arms and legs around him.


No comments: