Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Falling Stars

ebook rockband girl band erotica review


A falling, or shooting, star, is the common name for the visible path of a meteoroid if it survives impact with the Earth's surface.' Christopher Mason, the infamous lead singer of The Forgotten, has a reputation for being 'difficult'. Harboring dark memories and the burden of a painful secret, he struggles with a past he desperately wants to destroy. Amidst this star's battle with the pull of his demons, he risks losing everything he’s built as a musician. Enter Mia Ryder, the head strong yet laid back, lead singer of Hushed Mentality. As the opening act for The Forgotten, Mia and her all girl rock band are sure to gain the publicity needed to sky rocket to the next level in their dream career. Mia's laidback personality is challenged by Chris’s plotting for their demise and removal of the 'girlie band' from 'his' tour. But even Chris's best laid plans aren't prepared for Mia. As the demons pull this shining star down, is the one person he wants to eliminate the only person who can save him from the collision course he is on?

********************

I was hesitate on reading this book because there were 542 pages which is more than most of the books I read at most they are just over 400 pages. 

Now I know why there were so many pages and to be honest it was over kill. Christopher has some demons he is fighting but when he has his nightmares I think it's only necessary write the nightmare once not repeat the same thing every time he has it (and he has them every night! but it was repeated every night so don't get worried) after the first two times I read it  I found myself skimming over that part after that. Finally they stop mid way through the book thank goodness. I love books that go back and forth from each persons POV but not when the same situation is repeated from the others POV and not that the author did that every single time but it was done more than I would have liked. I also thought the story was dragging- things could have moved along a lot faster. Now I feel like I have been bashing this book but I truly did love the story line and even know it was dragging on I was still captivated enough to not want to put it down. There were also a lot of other things going on beside Mia and Christopher's drama- the other band members were getting together and the author bought you along for their ride as well without taking the focus off Mia and Christopher. The ending isn't perfect or the complete happily ever after but it's close. 
There is a short book #2 Stellar Evolution 
Quotes:
"Falling stars aren't always meant to be caught you know?"
"It hadn't taken doctors and therapist to put me back together again. It had only taken Mia to give me back meaning."


CONTENT RATING

Romance: 4 out of 5
Kink: 3 out of 5 
Raunch: 3 out of 5
Overall Hotness:  4 out of 5


No comments: