Friday, November 23, 2012

the Coincidence of Callie & Kayden Teaser


If you haven't read The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorenson 
You should! The Forever of Ella and Micha will be released soon, I hope. 

Jessica Sorenson has a new book coming out!
Here's the cover and a Teaser.
I can't wait to read this one.








“Callie,” Kayden suddenly whispers. “What are you doing?”
I quickly glance over my shoulder and then grab onto the rope as the bridge rocks underneath my feet. “Where are you?”
“I’m over here.” His voice sounds close.
I squint through the dark and then jump back. He’s right on the other side of the net, watching me, which means he probably heard me talking to myself and calling him sexy.
“How long have you been standing there?” My voice sounds high.
He lets out a low laugh and it sends a shiver through my body that winds into my stomach, shooting heat downward. The sensation knocks me off balance and my cheeks heat.
“You think I have sexy eyes.” His fingers thread the net as he stares at me through the dark from the other side. 
“You heard that.” I let my head fall forward, mortified.
“Callie.” His voice is deep and husky. I’ve never had a guy use that kind of a voice on me. 
I raise my chin up and meet his gaze. “I’m sorry. I thought I was alone.” I shift my weight and the unsteadiness of the ground sends me tripping forward. I reach for the wall, lacing my fingers through the net and my knuckles brush his. Our faces are only inches away. I can feel his breath and the heat from his body. If I lean forward slightly, our lips would touch. 
“Stay there,” he says in a low whisper and slips his fingers out of the net.
I watch him as he walks down the side and turns around the corner so he’s standing at the end. The floor ripples under his steps as he holds onto the railing, heading straight for me.
I have no idea what he’s going to do when he reaches me, but the intensity in the air and they way his long limbs move with determination, makes me think it’s going to be something I’ve never experienced before.
I stand motionless, letting go of the net as I rotate my body to face him. I tangle my fingers through the holes again, with my back turned to the wall, and my arms bent up beside my head. It’s dark enough I can only see the outline of his face, but every once in a while the moving lights from outside reflect in his eyes. 
We’re breathing loudly, our chests heaving as he halts in front of me and the floor stops moving.
“I have a confession to make.” He places a hand to the side of my head and grabs onto net. “This was a set up.”
I lick my lips. “What was?”
“The whole challenge thing. I did it to get you up here alone.” His other hand grips the net so my head is trapped between his arms. 
My heart knocks inside my chest as he shuts his eyes and leans in. I keep my eyes open until the very last second, then suck in a breath as his lips touch mine. My knees buckle as his tongue slips deep inside my mouth and I clutch onto the net to keep from falling down.
A soft gasp trembles from my lips as I untangle my fingers from the holes, and slide my hands up his chest, wrapping them around his neck. His hot breath is mixed with passion and tequila and his chest is pressed up against mine. As his palms move down my back, he thrusts his tongue deeper into my mouth and grabs at my hips, drawing me closer as the floor rocks under our feet.


No comments: