Monday, September 24, 2012

Taking Chances



Eighteen year old Harper has grown up under her career Marine of a father's thumb. Ready to live life her own way and experience things she's only ever heard of from the jarheads in her father's unit; she's on her way to college at San Diego State University. 

Thanks to her new roommate, Harper is introduced to a world of parties, gorgeous guys, family and emotions. Some she wasn't expecting yet, and others she never knew she was missing.

She finds herself being torn in two as she quickly falls in love with her boyfriend Brandon, and her roommate's brother Chase. Covered in tattoos, known for fighting in the Underground and ridiculously muscled...they're exactly what she was always warned to stay away from, but just what she needs. Despite their dangerous looks and histories, both adore and would do anything for Harper, including stepping back if it means she's happy. 

Her first year away is turning out to be near perfect, but one weekend of giving in to heated passion will change everything.

****************

I love the cover of this book. When I started reading the book I would check how far along I was and it seemed that I wasn't far at all & it was going to be a really long book. I am sure the author could have cut some of the detailed description out but who am I to judge, just feeling like it didn't have to be that long of a book. From the description I thought it would be along the lines of Thoughtless which it was as far as loving two men. There's some parts in the book that remind me of Beautiful Disaster as well. However this book has a twist that neither of them or any book I have read yet has & I won't spoil it other than tell you it's heart wrenching. In Thoughtless I was rooting for the underdog but in this book I didn't feel as strongly to him until the "thing" happened that changed everything but still my heart ached for both men. I do love that the author really brought closure all the way around with every part of Harpers life books don't usually do that. It was a so-so book for me.
I would say it's a young adult book but it's rated 17+

No comments: