Monday, May 15, 2017

The Gravity of Us


32294951

Graham Russell and I weren’t made for one another.

I was driven by emotion; he was apathetic. I dreamed while he lived in nightmares. I cried when he had no tears to shed.

Despite his frozen heart and my readiness to run, we sometimes shared seconds. Seconds when our eyes locked and we saw each other’s secrets. Seconds when his lips tasted my fears, and I breathed in his pains. Seconds when we both imagined what it would be like to love one another.

Those seconds left us floating, but when reality knocked us sideways, gravity forced us to descend.

Graham Russell wasn’t a man who knew how to love, and I wasn’t a woman who knew how to either. Yet if I had the chance to fall again, I’d fall with him forever.

Even if we were destined to crash against solid ground.
 



**********************


Holy Moly this book is intense. Graham has a marriage of convince and one I could never imagine having. When Lucy enters his world he doesn't know how to handle her. He is down right nasty to her but she sees the good in him and continues to help him. She ends up breaking down his walls but they can't be together it would be frowned upon. Things are messy but they have to decide it what they have is worth the risk. Fantastic ending.

No comments: