Saturday, May 13, 2017

Cold hearted

33619673


I wish I could say our meeting was happenstance.

I wish I could say we took one look and we just knew.

I wish I could say falling for him was the best thing that ever happened to me.

But none of that would be true.

Rhett Carson was as cold as the ice on which he skated. He was as calloused as the hands that shot the goals that won world titles. He was also damaged. And broken. And he didn’t know it, but I knew all about him. 

I knew why he was so bitter and angry. 

I knew why he was so coldhearted.

But I didn’t know why I allowed myself fall in love with him, and I didn’t know why I couldn’t stop... even when he told me to. 

And that’s when everything changed.

***********************



This is that book you can see the train wreck that is gonna happen right out the shoot and it keeps you on edge. Ayla is thrown into a situation she didn't see coming and even more so she meets Rhett when she wasn't expecting too. Ayla prides herself on being honest but when it comes to Rhett she omits the truth because she knows once he finds out he will have nothing to do with her. They try to keep it at no strings sex but before long it becomes so much more. When Rhett finally finds out the truth it turns ugly. They part ways but end up crossing paths a few time over the years & it's clear they still have feelings for each other. Rhett is so angry he has to decide if he can let it go and make a life with Ayla. Lots of hot steamy sex scenes. Great ending. We also get Locke & Bostyn's story at then end!


No comments: