Monday, April 15, 2013

Broken at Love


ebook erotica review tennis



When a knee injury ends twenty-year-old Quinn Rowland’s pro tennis career, he’s not only dumped by his hot Russian girlfriend but ordered to attend college by his disinterested billionaire father. A rich kid who’s not used to being disappointed by life, Quinn and his sociopathic half-brother Sebastian create a frat house game intended to treat girls how they see them—as simple game pieces to be manipulated for their pleasure.


College sophomore Emilie Swanson knows Quinn’s reputation—after all, he did send one of her sorority sisters into therapy earlier in the semester—but the game and his charm bring them closer together and soon she starts to believe there’s more to Quinn than people think.



But what if the more is something darker than a game of toying with emotions and breaking hearts?



Quinn and Emilie might be falling for each other, but there are secrets he’s not ready to tell—and lifestyle changes he’s reluctant to make. She willingly stepped on the court, but if Emilie finds out she started out as nothing as a pawn in Quinn and Sebastian’s twisted game, she might never forgive him.



To his surprise, Quinn finds that he might finally care about someone more than he cares about himself…even if that means letting Emilie walk away for good.




 Excerpt:

Our eyes met, passion burning so hot in his gaze that it lit me on fire. I gasped when his fingers moved again, brushing the tender skin behind my knee. “It’s your turn again.”
“Did you like kissing me the other night?”
Oh, God. “Truth?”
Quinn nodded, his fingers skimming higher, leaving trails of wildfire in their wake. He was distracting me from the too-personal questions and the fact that he’d refused to answer most of them. My rational mind knew it but my traitorous body didn’t care if we’d finished using our mouths for talking the rest of the night.
“Yes.”
The word didn’t have a chance to fully form before his mouth met mine. The hot saltiness that clung to his lips tasted as good as the other night, and this time I let myself enjoy it. When he felt my hesitation dissolve he leaned in, hands sliding all the way up my dress and gripping my hips, tugging me closer. A whimper escaped at the demanding feel of his touch and I didn’t even care if he heard it.
My nerve endings came alive. If he had four or five hands it would have been better, because as good as they felt on my bare hips, I wanted to feel them everywhere else, too.
As though Quinn read my mind, one hand made its way up to my neck, tilting my head back and opening my lips. His tongue slipped against mine, not asking. Taking. My heart stuttered faster when his breathing quickened, fingers wound tight in the hair at the back of my neck. Shivers joined the shuddering heat and need wetting my skin. When his arm pressed against my left breast I managed to free my arms, winding them around his neck.
We couldn’t get any closer sitting cross-legged facing each other, and the intensity of my frustration at that fact knocked some sense back into me. His heart pounded underneath my palms, matching the thudding in my own ears. Quinn’s lips left mine bruised and swollen, moving down my neck. He flicked his tongue over my throbbing pulse in the hollow between my neck and shoulder. If I’d been standing, my knees would have given out.
“Quinn,” I gasped.
He paused but didn’t move, so I reached shaking hands to his strong jaw and lifted his face back to mine. I couldn’t resist pressing my mouth to his one more time, or sliding my tongue over his bottom lip to remember what he tasted like. Or taking a quick nip. Too delicious.
“It’s my turn.” 



Author Bio:

I’ve long had a love of stories. A few years ago decided to put them down on the page, and even though I have a degree in film and television, novels were the creative outlet where I found a home. I’ve published Young Adult under a different name, but when I got the idea for Broken at Love (my first New Adult title), I couldn’t wait to try something new – and I’m hooked.  In my spare time I watch a ton of tennis (no surprise, there), play a ton of tennis, and dedicate a good portion of brain power to dreaming up the next fictitious bad boy we’d all love to meet in real life.

Links:

Broken at Love on Goodreads
Twitter: @lyla_payne

**************



This is one Smoking book! 
I can say I wasn't overly disgusted about the "Game" as I should have been not sure why but I think because I knew that Quinn was going to get it handled to him on sliver platter when he crossed Emile's path. Don't get me wrong the "Game" is beyond appalling but I think what is more appalling is Sebastian. It's a rough road of a love story. Not only did I fall in love with Quinn and Emilie but also Ruby, Emile's smart mouth friend. Ending was Fabulous. On the author's website there is a bonus scene and an epilogue! 

Quotes:

"I'm eighteen, and you're broken. I don't have time for a dog."

"I know who you are, dumbass. I don't live in a fucking hole."

"So why not try to make him change his mind about you instead of acting like a guy who just got out of prison and found himself in the middle of spring break weekend?"

CONTENT RATING

Romance: 4 out of 5
Kink: 3 out of 5 
Raunch: 4 out of 5
Overall Hotness:  5 out of 5









4 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds really good, I love hot books! Added to my wishlist :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for hosting today - I loved your review! xoxo

jessiel said...

Love to read books that make the pages smoke! And this sounds like it will be a great read. Loved the excerpts & the post.

Unknown said...

Broken at Love sounds a bit like the (relatively) old movie Cruel Intentions, which I loved for it's dark, twistiness! I'm not sure if "twistiness" is a word--spell check is underlining in red, so I would guess no. Twistyness? Twistedness?