Friday, October 19, 2012

Keep Me Safe


When Rachel is abducted by a group of thugs, one man steps in. Zachary wants her for himself, and she has no choice but to trust this stranger to keep her safe. When danger strikes again, Rachel’s body may endure the pain, but will their tenuous bond survive the abuse?

Warning: This book contains explicit scenes of dubious consent, graphic violence and sex. Also depicts abuse and captivity situations. Not appropriate for anyone uncomfortable with these situations or anyone under the age of eighteen. This is a work of fiction.


********

Quick Read 88 Pages.
I'm deeming this book a violent Romance.

I left the warning in there because this book is not for the squeamish!
This is how the book starts "You have-you have done this before, right?" he asked, pushing two fingers inside me." 
At first I was thinking Wow what a way to start a book and my mind instantly thought this must be a scene from past as a teenager getting it on for the first time- umm I was wrong so very wrong. As everything came together I felt odd wanting her to fall in love with Zachary knowing that I shouldn't feel that way but there was something in his words that made me feel that way. 
The events that happen in the book are graphic & disturbing my heart ached for her. Their feelings for each other at the end kind of surprised me since they didn't seem to know anything about each other beside such violence.
So with that said I would have loved a Epilogue.

No comments: