Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Burn




29567025

Love is just a word until someone enters your life and gives it meaning.

"No"
One word.
Two letters.
But those two letters changed everything.
It was impossible to predict the impact I would have on the life of the only woman I'd ever truly loved. No way to know that I would result in her ruin.
I’d suffer for eternity with the knowledge that it was me who brought devastation to her doorstep.
Though I deserved the anguish I felt, to see her suffer was unacceptable.
I would fix this.
Somehow I would prove to her that I wasn't the monster she thought I was.
Even if it meant becoming a monster in order to make that happen.



****************



Hook is the first book and it does just that it hooks us in and leaves us hanging but burn picks up where Hook left off and after some major roller coaster ride it wraps things up nicely for us. 

Emily is Devastated to the point she isn't thinking rationally. She gets herself in situations that will make your heart hurt and turn your stomach a bit. It's hard to imagine that her & Marco could ever find their way back to each other. Emily won't stop until she gets her revenge .
Marco is besides himself with grief and how to help Emily when she wants nothing to do with him. He finishes what he had set out to do and is focused on giving her closure . Marco is a good man, now Emily just needs to let go of her hate and lead with her heart. When the dust settles and it looks like they are back on track to their happily ever after the past busts in and wreaks havoc to the point not everyone comes out alive. Once again there's a healing process and finally they can move forward - we get a leap into what their future looks like. Some hot steamy juicy sex scenes - some degrading ones as well. Fantastic ending. 


SaveSave

No comments: